Phentermine HCL is used mainly as an appetite suppressant, and it was first introduced in 1959. Previously, it was part of the combination fen-phen that was removed from the market in 1997. Phentermine was reintroduced in 2012 as phentermine/topiramate which is a different mixture that was approved for use in the US by the FDA.
What is Phentermine Hydrochloride Used For?
Belonging to the drug class sympathomimetic amines, phentermine is known as an appetite suppressant. With doctor-approved exercise, phentermine is used in combination with behavior change and a reduced-calorie diet to help you lose weight. People at a certain weight that are experiencing weight-related medical problems use it for weight reduction and to help them keep the weight off. This can help to lessen health risks that go along with obesity such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, and a shorter lifespan.
Phentermine HCL 37.5 mg
You will reach peak concentrations of phentermine HCL 37.5 mg in about three to four hours. People taking phentermine can see, on average, weight loss of approximately one pound per week. You will notice the greatest rate of weight loss in the first few weeks of taking phentermine according to phentermine HCL reviews.
How Phentermine HCL 30mg Works
Phentermine HCL 30mg is used in the treatment of obesity, phentermine is a central nervous stimulant.
Phentermine hydrochloride tablets appear to have several actions that include neuron stimulation that releases the neurotransmitters norepinephrine and dopamine that can account for its appetite suppressant effect. It also seems to raise the levels of serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine by impeding their reuptake as well as reducing monoamine oxidase enzymes. It may also raise leptin levels in the brain indirectly causing you to feel full while lowering the effects of neuropeptide Y, which is a chemical messenger that introduces eating and fat storage while decreasing the expenditure of energy.
Phentermine is included in the class of drugs known as anorexigenics or anorectics.
Your doctor will recommend that you include diet and exercise into your overall weight loss plan when you are taking phentermine. This is a short-term drug that should be discontinued after six to twelve weeks, but you should continue with your exercise and diet plan to attain your weight loss goals. Phentermine was designed to help those battling obesity to kick start their weight loss plans, while they become accustomed to following an exercise plan and a low-calorie diet.
Phentermine HCL vs Phentermine
There is no difference between them. Phentermine is also called Phentermine HCL (HCL is hydrochloride).
What is Phentermine Hydrochloride?
One of the most commonly prescribed appetite suppressants, phentermine HCL 30mg makes up fifty percent of appetite suppressant prescriptions. This is due to its relative inexpensiveness in comparisons to other major FDA-approved diet drugs like Xenical and Meridia.
First approved by the FDA in 1959, phentermine was used an appetite suppressant for short-term treatment of obesity. In 1959, phentermine resin also became available in the US., and phentermine hydrochloride became available in the early 1970s. You can find phentermine in the U.S. under the brand names Adipex-P® (Gate Pharmaceuticals) and Ionamin® (Medeva Pharmaceuticals) and generically as ‘phentermine’. It was previously sold as Fastin® (formerly produced by King Pharmaceuticals for SmithKline Beecham) but was taken off the market in December 1998.Newer efficacy trials have not been done since phentermine is an older drug, except for several trials in the early to mid-nineties on the combination of fenfluramine and phentermine.
Phentermine Hydrochloride Tablets
Phentermine hydrochloride tablets USP 37.5 mg that is equal to 30 mg phentermine base are oval-shaped, white tablets with blue specks that are scored on one side and have MP 273 debossed on the other side.
If you are looking for an alternative to phentermine, Phen Caps are a highly effective supplement for weight loss if you don’t have a prescription for phentermine that has similar effects to phentermine HCL 37.5 mg including boosting your metabolism and energy level as well as curbing your appetite. Phen Caps are available for sale online without a prescription.
Phentermine Hydrochloride Side Effects
Phentermine does have a few side effects that can require medical attention.
Major Side Effects
If you have any of these side effects when you are taking phentermine, tell your doctor immediately:
Rare Side Effects
- Hearing, seeing, or feeling things that are not there
- Severe mental changes
- Chest pain
- Decreased ability to exercise
- Swelling of the lower legs or feet
- Fast, pounding, irregular, or racing pulse or heartbeat
- Tingling or numbness in the legs or arms
- Trouble breathing
- Swelling of the lower legs or feet
- Shaking or trembling in your arms, legs, feet, or hands
- Trouble with speaking, thinking, or walking
Minor Side Effects
There are a few side effects of phentermine that do not need medical attention. While your body adjusts to the medication, these side effects can go away. Your doctor can help you reduce or prevent these side effect, but tell your physician if the side effects persist, or if they are making you concerned:
- Dry mouth
- Decreased sexual interest, loss of sexual desire, ability, performance, or drive
- Unpleasant taste
- False or unusual sense of well-being
- Difficulty having a bowel movement
- Welts or hives, skin rash, or itching
- Hives or welts, itching, or skin rash
- Increased interest in sexual intercourse
- Skin redness
Phentermine Hydrochloride Buy Online
Since phentermine HCL 30mg sales have been a huge success online, there have been many non-prescription imitations that closely resemble phentermine, so be careful that you are buying the real thing. You can easily find a website where you can phentermine hydrochloride buy online. You can even buy it in bulk and it will be delivered right to your door overnight.
Phentermine HCL Reviews
When looking at reviews of phentermine, you will find both positive and negative reviews. Negative issues of Phentermine 37.5 mg centered on the side effects including people that felt weak or tired, and some that had chest pains. Positive reviews included those that lost weight without even exercising, those that got better results with a good diet and exercise, and others that found it was the only type of diet pill that worked for them.
- Phentermine HCL can be used as an aid to weight-loss on a short-term basis along with behavioral modification, exercise, and restriction of calories.
- Phentermine is given under doctor supervision.
- It was created specifically for the obese.
- It has documented success stories.
- It is an FDA approved way to suppress your appetite.
- There is a generic version available which is cheaper than a name brand.
If you have no other medical condition, take no other types of medication, and you are between the ages of 18 and 60, the side effects you will most likely have are:
- Phentermine hydrochloride can include side effects like a headache, high blood pressure, and gastrointestinal disturbances.
- After more than a few weeks of treatment, there is an increase in the risk of dependence and addiction on phentermine.
- Abruptly stopping the usage following prolonged dosing can cause a withdrawal effect that includes symptoms like depression and extreme fatigue and depression.
- Can impair judgment and your ability to operate machinery and drive.
- Phentermine HCL 37.5 mg can become less effective if a tolerance is developed to the weight-loss effects. If this happens, do not increase the dosage of phentermine, but seek medical advice to if it is necessary to discontinue the use of the drug.
- Not for children under age 17.
- Not a long term solution.
- Reduce dosage for those with severe kidney impairment while those with end-stage kidney disease should be avoided. People with a history of cardiovascular disease, hyperthyroidism, glaucoma, a history of drug abuse, agitation, or those that are pregnant or breastfeeding should not take diet pills.
- Drug interactions can occur with other medications used for losing weight including herbal supplements, antidepressants, antidiabetic drugs, central nervous system stimulants, prescribed products, and over-the-counter preparations. Some of these interactions can become fatal including phentermine with dexfenfluramine or fenfluramine.
Basically, children or seniors, as well as those with certain medical conditions like heart disease, liver or kidney problems, seizures, and diabetes, or people that are taking other medications, can be at risk for developing a wide range of phentermine hydrochloride side effects.
What Are Phentermine Hydrochloride Interactions?
You do need to be aware of possible drug interactions and your doctor can monitor them for you. It is important to not change, stop, or even start taking any dosage of phentermine hydrochloride without checking out the possible drug interactions as very serious interactions can occur when it is mixed with certain medications.
Your doctor should be aware if you have taken in the past year or are currently taking other appetite-suppressant drugs like ephedra or diethylpropion. When taking MAO inhibitors, you may have a possibly fatal drug interaction if you are also taking phentermine HCL. So, it is important to stop taking any MAO inhibitor like phenelzine, linezolid, rasagiline, methylene blue, moclobemide, procarbazine, selegiline, or isocarboxazid if you intend on taking phentermine hydrochloride. Many of the MAO inhibitors should not be taken within two weeks of starting treatment with phentermine HCL.
Make sure to check with your physician before starting or stopping usage of any prescription drug and provide a list of all prescription, nonprescription, and herbal products you are using. This is especially important for high blood pressure medications like methyldopa, and guanethidine. It is also important to not mix prescription drugs with other stimulants like ecstasy, cocaine, methylphenidate, or amphetamines.
If you are taking drugs that cause drowsiness or dizziness like antihistamines, tell your doctors. This also goes for anxiety medication or sleep aids like zolpidem, alprazolam, and diazepam, psychiatric medicine like amitriptyline, risperidone, and trazodone, narcotic pain relievers like codeine, or muscle relaxers.
Also, ask your doctor or pharmacist about using phentermine safely with other daily habits like caffeine which can increase the medication’s side effects. So, avoid drinking beverages with a lot of caffeine like tea, soda, and coffee or eat a lot of chocolate. Phentermine can also interfere with certain lab tests including brain scans for Parkinson’s disease and can cause a false test result, so inform your doctor and laboratory personnel that you are using it.
- Take phentermine prior to breakfast or a couple of hours after breakfast. If you feel you will benefit from a twice-daily dosage regimen, make sure not to take phentermine in the late evening as it can cause insomnia according to phentermine HCL reviews.
- Depending on the individual, the dosage can be tailored to your regimen. Make sure to take the exact dosage for the duration that is intended. If you do see that you are gaining weight, make sure to see your doctor.
- Phentermine should be used in conjunction with exercise, dietary changes, and behavioral modification prescribed by your doctor.
- Refrain from driving or operating machinery as it can impair your judgment.
- Refrain from drinking alcohol when taking phentermine hydrochloride since it can increase side effects and impair your judgment.
- Do not use with other medications that are used for weight loss.
- If you have angina pain, shortness of breath, a decrease in your ability to exercise, or fluid retention in legs or feet, report it to your doctor immediately.
- An accidental dose can be fatal to pets or children. Drug users may seek out phentermine. Keep any supply of phentermine away from others.
- There is no difference between Phentermine HCL vs Phentermine. They are the same thing.
Using phentermine as a short-term aid to weight loss can provide effective weight loss. It is important to be careful when taking phentermine HCL as it can be addictive and you can develop a tolerance that lessens its weight-losing effects with time.